People would want to have access to their social media accounts anywhere. This includes access to instant messaging accounts such as WhatsApp on the computer aside from having it on the mobile device.
However, WhatsApp is not supported on desktop computers. You can only access your WhatsApp account by visiting the link https://web.whatsapp.com from your desktop browser. Thus, you can use WhatsApp from your computer.
If you are going to use WhatsApp for desktop, you need to make sure that the download link corresponds with the operating system of your computer. Install the application and open it immediately after the installation process. You also need to follow the easy steps presented here.
- Once your app is opened, the desktop app and Web client display the QR code on the screen.
- Go to Settings -> WhatsApp Web -> Desktop
- Scroll down and select “Scan QR Code”
- Take your smartphone and holdit up to the computer monitor in order to scan the QR code. Everything will be done automatically. Just make sure that you point the camera to that direction.
- WhatsApp client opens right away, and it will show you the message you have on your phone. Close WhatsApp on your mobile device and then you can now use it from your computer.
A lot of other features are also offered by WhatsApp making it a very useful app. Moreover, you can browse your computer for documents, photos, and videos that you can send directly to the chat interface.
You can also access your computer’s camera and take a quick snapshot of yourself and send it immediately via chat. Moreover, you can record voice messages by clicking the microphone below the interface.
Nevertheless, not all WhatsApp features you get from your smartphone are applicable on the desktop. But the app would sync directly with your smartphone, so make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network to avoid accumulating data charges.