Many Pokémon Go trainers underestimate the important of attack and defense movesets. Some believe that Combat Power (CP) and stat (IV) are the important factors, but movesets are crucial as well since they are used by your Pokémon in Gym and Raid Battles.
Movesets are practically a mix between a quick and a charge move made by a Pokémon and most importantly, they are determined at random. These movements cannot be controlled, yet they can decide, for example, if you are end up with an IV Shelgon or a Salamence.
For those interested in knowing some of the best movesets for Dragonite, Ho-Oh, Raikou, Zapdos, Groudon, Slaking, Mewtwo, Rhydon, Gyarados, Blissey, Vaporeon or Machamp, there is wonderfull news: Technical Machines (TMs) allows players to re-roll. This means that if the player made an awful movesets, then he or she can try for a new one.
A List of The Best Movesets for 5-Star Raids:
This list will help trainers interested in knowing which movesets will help their Pokémon in Raid and at Gyms.
- Groudon: this Weather Trio richest a high CP and it is the most powerful Ground-type. Its best movesets are Mud Shot+ Earthquake and its secondary movesets are Mud Shot+ Solar Beam. Counter: Gyarados or Vaporeon with Hydro Pump.
- Ho-Oh: a Legendary Beast and fiery hot. Its best movements are: Extrasensory + Solar Beam and its secondary movesets are: Brave Bird against Fighters and Fire Blast against Bugs. Counter: Raikou with Wild Charge or Zapdos with Thunderbolt.
- Raikou: a Legendary Electric Beast with a 3349 CP. Its best movesets are Thundershock + Wild Charge. Counter: Groudon or Rhydon with Earthquake.
- Lugia: a Psychic/Flying type with a CP over 300. Its best movesets are Extrasensory + Future Sight and its secondary movesets are Dragon Tail with Sky Attack. Counter: Tyranitar with Bite + Crunch or Stone Edge.
- Zapdos: an Electric-type with a CP over 3300. Its best movesets are Charge Beam + Zap Cannon. Counter: Tyranitar with Bite + Stone Edge or Golem with Rock Throw + Stone Edge.
- Articuno: it has a CP less than 3000 and its best movesets are Frost Breath + Blizzard or Ice Beam. Counter: Tyranitar with Bite + Stone Edge.
- Entei: a Legendary Fire Beast and it can reach a CP higher than 3377. Its best movesets are Fire Spin + Overheat and its secondary movesets are Fire Spin + Flamethrower . Counter: Gyarados or Vaporeon with Hydro Pump.
- Suicune: Not as powerful as other Water type speciality. Its best movesets is anything and Hydro Pump. Counter: Raikou with Wild Charge or Zapdos with Thunderbolt
- Moltres: a Flying/Fire type with a CP over 3000. Its best movesets are Fire Spin + Overheat. Counter: Golem with Rock Throw + Stone Edge or Tyranitar with Bite + Stone Edge.
- Slaking: a Pokémon with zero damage Yawn and a CP of 4548. For attack Yawn with Hyper Beam is recommended and for Defense Yawn with Play Rough. Counter: Machamp or Hariyama with Counter + Dynamic Punch.
- Dragonite: for attack Dragon Tail + Outrage and for defense Dragon Tail + Outrage. Counter: Lapras or Articuno with Frost Breath and Blizzard.
- Snorlax: a mega tank with Zen Headbutt + Hyper Beam for attack. Counter: Machamp or Hariyama + Counter and Dynamic Punch.
There are many god movesets for Pokémon and trainers have to practice hard until they can learn to take advantage of them.