The release date for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon is on the 17th of November, the same day as the Black Friday event. Both games follow the previous versions as sequels and they have some new content as bonus. The story follows the same plot and it helps players understand better the mysterious Pokémon, Necrozma. This article presents new features and content so that players can decide whether to purchase the games or not. This is especially important for those who already have Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.
Brand new features
- Rainbow Rocket
There is a new villainous group, Team Rainbow Rocket, to join in the game and the leader is boss Giovanni. The team is composed of all the leaders of previous enemy teams such as Archie or Maxie belonging to Team Aqua/Magna from Ruby/Sapphire, Cyrus belonging to Team Galactic from Diamond/Pearl, Lysandre from Team Flare, X/Y and Chetsis, Team Plasma from Black/White.
- Ultra Wormholes and Legendary Pokémon monsters
Player will be able to travel through Ultra wormholes on top of Solgaleo and Lunala and explore new worlds and find new Pokémon monsters such as the Legendaries Mewtwo and Ho-Oh.
- Ultra Megalopolis
Ultra Wormholes will allow players of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon to travel to a new place: Ultra Megapolis. This new area has had its light stolen by the Legendary Pokémon Necrozma.
- New Areas of the Alola region
The two new games bring new areas for trainers to explore. The most important one is perhaps the Battle Agency. As its name suggests it is a new battle game facility in which players can take rental Pokémon monsters into battle.
- New moves
Skilled players who manage to win battles in battle trees can spend their Battle Points on rare battling items such as Mega Stones and also on learning new moves for their Pokémon.
- Rotom Dex unleashes Z-Power
Those who spend enough time with Rotom Dex and manage to create a bond with this Pokémon will manage to use its Z-Move during battles.
New Pokémon monsters
- Rotom Dex has a new feature
Appart from being able to use its Z-Power, Rotom Dex also has a new feature: Roto Loto. This mini machine games offers the player the possibility to get new items.
- New Z-Moves
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon bring plenty of new Z-Moves. Mimikyu can use Let’s Snuggle Forever and Lycanroc (all three types) can use Splinteres Stormshards.
New Pokémon monsters
- UB Burst, UB Assembly and UB Adhesive: these are the new Ultra Beasts. The first one only appears in Ultra Sun and it has an exclusive move: Mind Blown. The UB Burst Pokemon is a Fire/Ghost Type, while the UB Assembly is a Rock/Steel type, exclusive for the game Ultra Moon. UB Adhesive is a Poison type and with enough training it can understand humans.
- Necrozma turn into Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings
The Legendary Pokémon merges with Solgaleo and Lunala and it runs into new Pokémon monsters called Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings. Dusk Mane is a Psychic/Steel type and Dawn Wings is a Psychic/Ghost type. They can both Prism Armor and they also have specific moves. Dusk Mane can unleash Sunstell Strike and Dawn Wings can use Moongeist Beam.
- A new type of Lycanroc while be available in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon: Dusk Form Lycanroc. This new Pokémon is a mix of Midday Form Lycanroc and Midnight Form Lycanroc. It can be obtained if players purchase the game before the 10th of January.