As the name suggests, AppChina is the most popular Chinese third-party app store that runs on both iOS and Android platforms. Created by Beijing Zhanghui Tianxia Technology, it offers a wide range of apps, games and tools that you can download, most of which you won’t find in Google Play Store or App Store.
This free and open source app also offers the latest tweaks and games for free, which makes it a great alternative to the official app stores.
The creators of the app said that their main goal for AppChina is to mimic the bigger app stores but completely in the Chinese language to make it easier for the locals to find and download their favorite apps.
The features of AppChina
There are several things that make AppChina so popular among Chinese mobile phone users:
- Installing the app is very easy.
- It supports both iOS and Android devices where you get access to some apps, tweaks and games that you won’t find anywhere else.
- It consumes less RAM and doesn’t require rooting or jailbreak.
- It allows you to download Chinese paid apps for free.
The requirements for downloading AppChina
Before downloading AppChina on your phone, you will need these requirements:
- A strong Internet connection
- Laptop or computer running on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 or Mac running on iOSX
- USB data cable to connect to your Apple or Android device to your computer
- Storage space on your mobile device
Installing AppChina for iOS without jailbreak
- On your computer or laptop, visit http://ios.appchina.com/ and follow the prompt that will lead you to the “installation profile” settings. Click “install” and the process will start right away.
- Once download is done, launch AppChina from your homescreen and you will see a pop-up asking you to connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod to your computer.
- Once you see the “authorized/repairflashback” link, click on “go” to continue with the authorization. After this is complete, AppChina will automatically install the app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod without jailbreak.
Installing AppChina on Android
- Before downloading the app, enable unknown sources on your settings first by going to Settings>Security>Unknown Sources and click “enable.”
- Go to m.appchina.com from your Chrome browser. Click on the small pop-up at the top of the page for downloading the app from the website’s homepage. If you don’t see that pop-up, simply search for AppChina on the search box.
- Once the app is downloaded, you will get a pop-up for Android system permission, click on install. A pop-up will tell you that the app was successfully installed on your device.
Once installation is done, you can already start enjoying AppChina on your phone where you can easily find and download thousands of apps for just about anything.
The app’s user-friendly interface make it look like you’re just using the regular Google Play Store or App Store where everything is laid out properly and you can easily download the apps that you like without any hassles.