Google Play is not only for Android-powered mobile devices but also for your PC. Yes, you can now download and install Google Play on your computer through Bluestacks or a Google Chrome extension that to download APK files for Google Play.
Although these options allow you to install Google Play on your PC, to download Android apps without an Android device, Bluestacks and Google Chrome extension use do not guarantee that every app will work.
There are limitations that these methods can do. And since a mobile device is different from a computer, usability may be limited too.
How to install Google Play on PC using Bluestacks
- Go to the official Bluestacks website; download and install the app on your PC. Click the “Download” button, tap “Download EXE file” and then select the “Yes” button when prompted. Click “Install” to complete the process.
- Once done, launch the Bluestacks program. Bluestacks my auto-launch after installing the app or if not, you can do this through the “start” screen or by going through your PC desktop icons.
- Open the Bluestacks program and start searching for the app that you want. Look for the magnifying glass icon, type the name of the app, and hit the “search” button.
- Hit the “install” button next to the app to install it on your computer.
- Follow the screen prompts to complete download and installation. You may be required to login to your Google account (if you have one) or create an account.
- Once logged in, you will be prompted to sync Bluestacks with any of your mobile devices linked to your Google account. But you have the option skip or ignore this part if you do not wish to sync.
- Then, click the Google Play icon to download it from the Google Play store. Tap the radio button “I agree” to confirm that you have understood and agree to the terms and conditions. You need to complete this part or you cannot proceed with the download.
- Click the “download” button to initiate the download process.
- Go back to Bluestacks home screen to open the newly downloaded app from the apps list.
How to install Google Play on PC using Google Chrome extension
- Open your Google Chrome browser if you already have one or download from www.google.com/chrome to download and install the app on your computer.
- From your Google Chrome browser, go to https://play.google.com/store/apps
- Type the name of the app that you are looking for from the search box or the space with the magnifying glass next to it.
- Click the app you want to download. Check the address bar (the space where you previously typed play.google.com/store.apps) to see the app’s address. From there, highlight the address by clicking the address bar or click anywhere from the address bar; click CTRL + A simultaneously to highlight the address.
- Copy the address by pressing CTRL + C at the same time or you can right click your mouse, then select “Copy”.
- On a separate tab, open 1Mobile downloader. Click the “Add to Chrome” button when prompted. Then, select “Add Extension”.
- Then, click 1Mobile downloader or the green icon with downward facing arrow icon on the top right corner of your browser.
- Now, select “APK downloader” to open the text field where you can paste or type the address of the app.
- Once open, press CTRL +V to paste the application’s address.
- Click “Generate Download Link” and then select “Download APK” to begin downloading the app.