Pokémon is one of Nintendo’s bestselling games that later became a film and television empire.
So, it was no surprise that its augmented reality game Pokémon Go instantly became a cultural phenomenon when it was launched in July 2016.
Because of its unique gameplay where players can encounter different creatures in real-world settings through the mobile devices’ GPS, Pokémon Go hit revenues of more than $207 million in its first month alone making it the fifth game with the highest one-month revenue for a free-to-play game.
But over time, even the most enthusiastic players started to grow tired of the adventure brought by the game.
There have also been reported risks of playing Pokémon outdoors where gamers easily lose track of their surroundings making them more prone to accidents while running or walking to chase Pokémons.
This is when Fly GPS, a tweak that allows you to play Pokémon Go using a fake GPS or location became popular.
What makes Fly GPS great?
- Most people download Fly GPS to catch Pokémon in different parts of the world without having to go to those places themselves. With this fake GPS, you can actually make the app think that you’re in another area when you’re just at home.
- Fly GPS is also a great tool for misleading data gathering apps that you may unmistakably download and that could follow and save your location data.
- You can use this app for a fun prank to friends where you can send them your live location when you’re not in the same area.
What are the features of Fly GPS?
- Extremely simple layout with an easy map for accessing various locations
- Two kinds of fake GPS options to fit your needs
- Useful instructions on how to navigate the app and adjust your phone’s settings to create the fake GPS
- “Favorites” option where you can easily save locations that you want to access or use frequently
How to download Fly GPS?
Fly GPS used to be available in Google Play, but it has since been removed for unknown reasons. However, the app is still available on the App Store, which means that you can download it on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
- Launch the App Store and search for “Fly GPS.” Make sure that you have a strong Internet connection.
- Click “Get” and log in with your Apple ID and password if prompted. Wait for a few seconds for the app to be installed and you’re good to go.
How to use Fly GPS for Pokémon Go?
After the app is installed successfully on your phone, you can follow these steps to start enjoying Pokémon Go:
- Go to Developer Options and Enable Mock Locations.
- Search for Locations Options and select the GPS, Wifi and Mobile Networks option.
- Go back to Fly GPS and use it as your current location. Then, tap on “GPS Service Run” and select “JoyStick Location Mode-(Pokemon).
- The app will be minimized automatically and you can start enjoying Pokémon on your phone.
Are you ready to start a new adventure with Pokémon Go using the Fly GPS app?