Facebook Messenger has been updated for Android, iOS, and Windows OS devices. This update version would vary depending on the device you are using. You can get the most recent version if you have set your device to download any new updates released by Facebook itself.
Basically, you can enable auto update apps on your iPhone or iPad. All you need to do is to mimic the steps here.
- Go to the Settings on your iPad or iPhone.
- Select iTunes & App Store on the left corner of the menu. You can scroll down to this menu to find it.
- The automatic update can be set under Automatic Downloads option. You just need to tap the button on the right corner of Updates so that you can turn this feature either on or off.
That is how simple you can enable the auto update on your iOS device. It will occasionally check the App Store for updates once you have set the auto update on. However, you should be careful because it can take up some bandwidth, particularly games, when updates are turned on.
You can also set auto update features on your Android device. Simply follow the steps presented here.
- Just open the Play Store app on your Android smartphone.
- Go to Settings by tapping the top-left corner of the app screen.
- You also need to tap Auto-update apps option and select whether you need to turn this feature on or off.
Note that you can also turn the auto updates feature from your Facebook app. So, you can use the Facebook App Manager that is installed on your phone. Just make sure that you have a data connection on your mobile device if you want to get updated at all times. Likewise, you can use the Wi-Fi connectivity if you want to use another source of Internet data other than what you already have on your device.