Deleting a Gmail account should also include all the messages in it. However, you still have to keep your Google, YouTube, and other social media accounts. If you are one of the few people who want to delete their Gmail account, here are basic steps that you ought to do.
- Simply go to your Google Account Settings by visiting the link myaccount.google.com
- You then need to go to Account preferences and choose “Delete your account or services” option
- You may also select “Delete Google Account and Data” in order to remove your Google account, but you just need to click “Delete Products” for that matter
- Choose the Gmail account you wanted to delete
- You will be asked to enter the Password that corresponds to the account
- Then, click Next
- The next thing that you need to do is to click the icon that resembles a trash bin, which is next to Gmail
If you want to move all your email from one Gmail account to another before deleting your account, then you might find these steps useful.
- Simply log in to the account where you want to move your emails to
- Then, click Settings from the toolbar menu of your Gmail account
- Choose Settings from the menu that would come up
- Select “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab
- Choose “Enable POP for all mail”, which is under the POP Download option, regardless of its current status
- Select “Archive Gmail’s copy” below the tab “When messages are accessed with POP” so that you would have your old inbox wiped out. Then, choose “delete Gmail’s copy” instead so that you can move the mails
- Click the “Save Changes” tab
- Click the icon with your image on it at the top right corner of Gmail
- Then, you need to click “Sign Out” from the Gmail menu that would appear.
You should have finished moving your files from one Gmail account to another and deleting it after via the easy steps you have read here.