Older Yahoo Messenger users finally have a new way to enjoy this app the way they used to. However, it comes with a revamped look and interface that every user can appreciate. In fact, a bunch of new features have been added to the Yahoo Messenger for desktop.
Some of the features include the ability to send animated GIFs, instantly share images, and even un-send messages. Here are the top new features you can see in the new Yahoo Messenger.
- You can now chat in groups or individually
- It is now possible to un-send or remove messages or photos from a recent conversation
- You can also share a number of high-res images instantly
- Be able to search or browse categories of animated GIFs from Tumblr app
- You can now “Like” the images or messages found in your conversations
- Anything that you share will be posted back when you get back online, after being offline or having low connectivity
Yahoo also supports a number of languages for a variety of nationalities. So, if you want to download the app, all you need to do is to visit the Google Play Store for Android devices and the App Store for iOS devices.
The latest updated version may vary with each device that you might want to install the app with. But, the most recent version has received some improvements to the GIF experience, as well as bug and performance fixes.
You can download this app from the Google Play Store for Android devices. Likewise, you can download Yahoo Messenger from the App Store, which has also been improved to be compatible with iOS 11 for iPhone and iPad.
If you are going to download Yahoo Messenger for your desktop, just go to messenger.yahoo.com. You can click on the “Download for Windows” v.0.8.288 button and you will be redirected to download the app for free. Double-click on the downloaded file to install the app.