One the most popular instant messaging apps is WhatsApp, which has about 1.2 billion active users – some of them being your family and friends. If your family and friends are using it, you may decide that it’s also time to use it yourself. If you have a Samsung phone, you may be wondering if you can even use it.
Great news – you can!
What Are The Requirements For WhatsApp On Your Samsung Device?
Before you attempt to download WhatsApp, you need to know what the requirements are for your device. You need at least Android 2.3.3 or higher because WhatsApp isn’t supported on older Android versions.
So, if your Samsung phone is running anything older than this, you will not be able to use WhatsApp. You may want to upgrade your Samsung phone or purchase another Android device.
Your phone should have the ability to get calls and SMS, which is important because WhatsApp needs an active mobile number to be used. The app will send you a text message for verification purposes. If you don’t get it, the automated system will call to verify the number.
Is your device Wi-Fi only? If so, then you’re out of luck. WhatsApp doesn’t support devices with Wi-Fi only – a reason why tablets can’t use the app. If you’d like to use WhatsApp, your device must have the capacity to make calls and get SMS messages. It should also have the newest Android OS version possible.
How To Install WhatsApp On Your Samsung Device
To get WhatsApp on your Samsung device, take the steps listed below:
- Go to Apps on your phone.
- Visit the Google Play Store.
- In the search bar, type in WhatsApp.
- Pick the WhatsApp Messenger.
- Hit Install.
- Read what items WhatsApp needs to use and Hit Accept if you’re happy with it.
- The installation process will start, and the app will open when finished.
WhatsApp will prompt you to create an account before using its service. To create the account, you’ll be prompted to give them your cell number. Type in everything including the country code.
When using WhatsApp, you won’t be using the minutes of your plan, but you must have a data plan. If you’re going to use the app regularly, get the unlimited data plan to ensure you’re not charged overages for going past the data allocated to you. WhatsApp allows you to communicate with other users even when not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
How To Use WhatsApp On Your Samsung Galaxy Device
WhatsApp is regarded as one of the more popular instant messaging apps – with more than one billion active users. It’s allowed millions of Samsung Galaxy owners to stay in touch with their friends and family.
It’s important to note that the developers of WhatsApp made sure that the app works on devices running Android 2.1 or higher. Therefore, your device needs to have the right specifications to make it happen including the ability to get calls and messages. It doesn’t work on devices that support Wi-Fi only. If your phone meets the above criteria, how can you get the WhatsApp app on your device?
- Make sure your device has enough memory to download and install the app. If not, you may need to delete apps or move files to an SD card.
- Click on Apps on the Home Screen
- Go into the Play Store
- Search for WhatsApp in the search bar and pick the first official option that shows up. This will be the one that includes a pop-up auto-suggest drop-down list and recommends you don’t install the app from unofficial and unverified developers.
- Click the Install button.
- Hit Accept for the app to be given the requested permissions.
- Once the app has installed, hit Open to start it up.
- You’ll need to create your account or log into it. Type in your phone number and wait to get a verification text that the program detects automatically. Add your username and choose a profile picture.