Facebook attained the rights to the WhatsApp instant messaging platform and enabled the ability to send more than just text messages. Today, users can create voice and video calls, send voice messages, video, documents, files and location. WhatsApp is regarded as one of the most valuable instant messaging apps and can be used on QWERTY phones like the Nokia Asha 200 and 201.
What You Should Understand First About WhatsApp and the Nokia Devices
Nokia Asha devices are not the same as regular smartphones. In fact, they demand an entirely different installation process. Before you download anything, you need to find out how much space your Asha 200 or 201 device has. There needs to be a minimum of 3MB of free space with another 5MB for browsing – a total of 8MB.
You may need to delete a few things or move them to another location. You should also take out the secondary SIM card if you have it.
Installing The App Onto Your Nokia Devices
- To download WhatsApp, open your browser of choice on your laptop and look for the Nokia Asha 200 or 201 WhatsApp APK file.
- Once found, download it onto the computer. You should have two files – WhatsApp_Messenger.jar and WhatsApp_Messenger jad.
- Transfer the files to the device’s memory card.
- Copy the files to the Games or App folder and make sure you have no duplicate files before starting the installation process.
- After you open the files, hit the button for Options and hit Update Version
- Once the download is done, you’ll see the message “Open File Now, File Downloaded to my Apps.”
- Press Yes and type in your number – no zero first.
Hit Accept and type in your WhatsApp ID.