New updates have arrived for Android’s Minecraft: Pocket Edition, including Discovery Updates and more.
The long-awaited Discovery Update for the sandbox game comes with a bunch of new features and content that are sure to keep Android users entertained.
This is an in-game store where Minecraft players can purchase new content created and provided by talented Minecraft creators. Some of the items up for sale are new texture packs, in-game skins, maps, and other stuff designed to extend a player’s Minecraft experience.
Minecraft Coin is the new in-game currency that will be used in the Marketplace. The currency can be purchased using money in the real world.
Additional new items
As the name suggests, Discovery Update is all about players exploring the game world in order to discover new items and content. New maps, puzzles, and monsters are just some of the few things players will find while treasure hunting in the Woodlands Mansions, for instance.
New creatures, such as llamas that will help carry your newfound treasures, are also added to the game.
Other new features listed in the full 1.1 changelog include:
- Adventure Mode
- Cartographer Villager & Exploration Maps
- Concrete & concrete powder
- Dyeable beds (and you can jump on them, too!)
- Glazed terracotta blocks
- Illagers (Evokers & Vindicators)
- Iron and Gold tools can now be smelted into Iron Nuggets and Gold Nuggets
- Mending & Frostwalking enchantments
- New achievements
- New game rules: DoFireTick, DoMobSpawning, DoTileDrops, MobGriefing, DoEntityDrops, KeepInventory, DoMobLoot, DoDaylightCycle
- Off-hand slot (only works for arrows & Totem of Undying)
- Skyrim Mash-up Pack
- Shulker Boxes
- Totem of Undying
Tweaks were also made in the Minecraft: Pocket Edition for Android for better gaming experience.
- Changes in world generation now allow seeds with pre-generated structures to generate those structures in other areas.
- Sunrise and sunset now happen in the east and in the west, respectively.
- The ‘/replaceitem’ command now supports CanPlaceOn & CanDestroy.
- When a controller is used:
- The vertical look speed is dampened
- Navigation of the settings screen is highly improved
- The hotbar on the Creative inventory screen can be cleared using the X button
- Item selection on the Creative inventory screen is made easier with improved controller input
- Maps now come with assigned numbers for easy recognition
- Empty Maps with Compasses is now renamed to Locator Maps to eliminate confusion with Empty Maps without Compasses
- Color palette for carpet and wood blocks have been updated
- Stained clay blocks are now called terracotta
- Lead rope physics has been improved
- Poison time for cave spiders when attacking is now based on difficulty
- The main menu will now show screenshot previews of all worlds
- A block of melon can be crafted into 9 slices of melon, while a cobweb into 9 strings
And like most updates, the discovery update of the Minecraft: Pocket Edition for Android also comes with plenty of bug fixes, including a fix that will now allow Elytra fliers to splash themselves with potions and shoot themselves with a bow and arrow.
The Discovery Update is definitely a game changer. As for iOS users, here’s how you can get the latest Minecraft update.