Everyone uses electronic mail as it is one of the most efficient ways of communicating important things, especially in the workplace. However, there are many different email clients and sometimes it can be different to choose the best one. However, if we take a quick look at them, it is easy to notice that Gmail managed to improve a lost in the past years and it attracts various users because it offers numerous features that are incredibly efficient, both when you write a mail and when you check your inbox.
Signing up for a Gmail account
Creating a Gmail account is very easy and completely free.
- First of all, head over to gmail.com
- Look for the Create an Account button, which should redirect you to the Create Your Google Account Page.
- That page has a form that needs to be filled by you. Except for the mobile phone and the email address field, it is obligatory to fill all the other forms.
- Choose a username that is easy to remember, but also one that you can use even in professional context. It is recommended to use your name, so that everyone will recognize you right away. Sometimes some usernames are taken, but Gmail will notify you right away.
- You will also need to choose a password. Make sure that yours is not easy to guess, and it has all the required things, such as letters both uppercase and lowercase, numbers, and minimum eight characters.
- Google will also ask you for another email address or a phone number. This is necessary in order to verify your account and check if you are a real person. It can also be useful if you ever get locked out of your account.
- After verification you should have your Gmail account.